Purpose of the Award
The MICCAI 2019 organization team is pleased to offer the Graduate Student Travel Award to support world-wide graduate students’ travels to MICCAI 2019. This award is committed to rewarding the outstanding graduate student authors and subsidizing their attendance to present their papers at MICCAI 2019. Each awardee will receive a US$500 cash award to help defray travel expenses.
- The applicant must be the first author of paper(s) accepted to MICCAI 2019 main conference;
- The applicant must be a graduate student at a recognized university or degree granting institution at the time of the MICCAI 2019 paper submission deadline;
- The applicant may NOT be a recipient of another MICCAI 2019 award;
- Priority will be given to those students from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups, individuals with disabilities, and individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds (defined by NIH NOT-OD-15-089).
- Proof of graduate student status under the above definition;
- Applicant’s CV or resume (no more than two pages);
- One letter of recommendation.
Conditions of Award
- The eligibility and decision of the award will be discussed and decided by the MICCAI 2019 Student Travel Selection Committee based on the applicant’s MICCAI 2019 paper review scores as well as the submitted application materials;
- The awardees will be notified by email. The final list of awardees, with their institutional affiliation, will be announced on the MICCAI 2019 Conference website;
- The awardees MUST register and attend the conference to receive the award checks;
- The awardees will receive a special ribbon to attach to their name badge, designating them as awardees of the MICCAI 2019 Graduate Student Travel Award.
- All application materials should be submitted to one of the MICCAI 2019 Student Travel Selection Committee members via email by July 31st, 23:59 PDT (Email title: MICCAI2019_GraduateTravelAward_Applicant’s Name_Applicant’s Institution): 1) Prof. Huiguang He (email: firstname.lastname@example.org); 2) Prof. Jun Shi (email: email@example.com); 3) Prof. Xi Jiang (email: firstname.lastname@example.org). We encourage early applications.